- Text Size +
Promises Your Soul Can't Cash


AUTHOR: Meana
EMAIL ADDRESS: meana@borderline-angel.com
FANDOM: Jeremiah
RATING: G
FOCUS: Meaghan
STATUS: new, complete (28/09/02)
SPECIAL WARNINGS: None
ARCHIVE: My sites: ...Mightier Than the Sword and Romantic Intentions, otherwise ask first.
DISCLAIMER: This story is an original work of amateur fiction, and is written purely for private entertainment. This story is no way affiliated with any organization that owns an interest in the show.
EPISODE SPOILERS: "Man of Iron, Woman Under Glass" from Season No. 1.
SUMMARY: Meaghan's thoughts on the events in the episode.

~*~*~*~*

So young. She seemed so young. Was I ever that young? I can't remember. It all seems so far away.

Fifteen years. I've been locked up in this fish bowl for fifteen years. I'm probably going to die in here - I'm almost 100% certain of that. But there's that 1% of me that wants to believe Markus' words. That wants to believe that someday I'll be able to see the sun again, feel the wind, but most importantly to feel him. It's the one thing I want above all else - to know the touch of his hand upon my skin just once before I die.

I love him so much. I truly believe that I would have fallen in love with him even if he wasn't the only man I'd seen for fifteen years. There's just something about him, something that captured my heart. His nobility, maybe. Or maybe it's his honor, or his desperate need for me to be happy and safe - or at least as happy and safe as I can be from inside here.

He promised to protect me, and I know that he will do his best to keep that promise. But is it fair of me to make him keep it? I have to laugh at that. No, it isn't fair, but I'm not really in a position to stop him. I can only go 12 feet in either direction. I can't leave this room and forcibly keep him from protecting me, and that scares me sometimes. Is his promise to protect me another promise his soul can't cash? For his sake, I hope it isn't. I don't want him to be hurt.

He's on the other side of the glass. I can feel him there. I wonder what happened at the council meeting? I'll find out soon enough.

The End