- Text Size +
Part Five

Willow lifted her hand and, with determined force, knocked. A short while later the door opened revealing a welcoming smile on a handsome face.

"Willow, come in," Angel said as he stepped aside to let the girl enter.

"Thanks, Angel," Willow answered walking in and depositing her bags on the floor. At his quizzical look she said," I've left home. Mind if I stay with you for awhile?"

"Uh, sure," Angel said. He looked at Willow for a moment before he walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her. "What's wrong, Willow? What happened?" he whispered.

"Not much really," Willow replied pulling away slightly. She reached out, took his hand and pulled him to the couch. They sat down side by side and Angel placed his arm around Willow's shoulders. "I can't take it anymore, Angel. Nothing that used to matter to me seems important anymore. I can't concentrate in school, even when I don't fall asleep in class I have no interest in paying attention. For the last couple of weeks, I've avoided Buffy and Xander like they were the plague but they've never even noticed. I've been avoiding Giles and Ms. Calendar for almost as long. I know they're worried about me but I don't want to hear their questions, their concerns. I'm so tired, Angel; so tired of the strain. I need to relax and lately the only time I'm relaxed is when I'm with you."

"I'm glad you feel comfortable with me," Angel said softly, smiling shyly at Willow. He had not expected her to tell him that. It surprised him how much her trust warmed him. "I hope I never give you reason to regret feeling comfortable with me."

"You won't, Angel," Willow answered, her voice equally soft. She moved to kneel on the couch facing Angel. She placed her hands on the sides of his face and whispered fiercely, "I trust you, Angel! With my life, with my heart and with my soul." Willow stared intently into Angel's eyes as she spoke.

When she finished speaking she leaned forward and placed a gentle kiss on the vampires' lips. Almost immediately she started to pull away, a blush at her own boldness staining her cheeks. She stopped when Angel mirrored the position of her hands by placing his own on the sides of her face.

"And I trust you, Willow, with all that I am, have been, or will ever be," he returned.

Slowly and gently, giving her time and space to draw away, he pulled Willow's face back towards his. Tentatively their lips touched, again and again.

After weeks spent exclusively in one another's company--time spent learning about one another--they'd fallen in love. They hadn't looked for love, hadn't expected it, but it had happened. Now they acted on that love, following their hearts lead and letting their minds rest.




Buffy and Xander quickly finished looking around the Rosenberg neighborhood. They then expanded their search to include the graveyard, the local library, and the Bronze. They stopped at the school library and informed Giles of Willow's disappearance. He then joined them in their search.

As the hours went by and the day turned to night, they still found no sign of the young hacker. The search party soon found themselves entering an area of Sunnydale that was slightly familiar.

With a grimace Xander reluctantly suggested, "Maybe we should get him to help us search. He might know of a faster way to find her."

Slowly Giles nodded. "You may be right Xander."

Enthusiastically Buffy said, "Yes!" Despite her happiness with Xander, Buffy was still in love with Angel. She had missed his presence in her life. Buffy had often wondered where he'd disappeared to after she started to date Xander. She had gone to his apartment a number of times but he had been out.

"Maybe now I'll find out what he's been doing for the last couple of weeks," Buffy thought to herself. She then felt guilty because she had thought about Angel in the past two weeks but she had not thought about Willow.

With quick steps and anxious hearts, the three friends moved to the door of Angel's apartment. With firm resolve, Buffy knocked and the three waited for a response.

End Part Five