- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Written for the second challenge at the MXFiclets LJ. Second challenge for the community is about the five senses. Choose one or two or however many you would like to write about.
Everywhere She Is


AUTHOR/PSEUDONYM: Meana
EMAIL ADDRESS: meana_fic@yahoo.ca
FANDOM: Mutant X
RATING: G
FOCUS: Brennan
STATUS: new (07/14/03), complete
SPECIAL WARNINGS: None
ARCHIVE: My sites: ...Mightier Than the Sword and Romantic Intentions, otherwise ask first.
DISCLAIMER: This story is an original work of amateur fiction, and is written purely for private entertainment. This story is no way affiliated with any organisation that owns an interest in the show.
EPISODE SPOILERS: No particular episode.
SUMMARY: He always knew where she was.
NOTES: Written for the second challenge at the MXFiclets LJ. Second challenge for the community is about the five senses. Choose one or two or however many you would like to write about.
WORD COUNT: 373
THANKS: To Meg for beta-reading this for me.




He knew it the moment she entered the room. There was just something about her that electrified his senses even more than normal.

He looked over the railing to the area below, his eyes zeroing in on her in less than 0.5 seconds, and watched her make her way easily through the crowd, moving with a grace that the other women envied.

He wasn't sure when this awareness of her, this sixth sense, started. All he knew was that one day he had been able to pinpoint her location the moment she got within a few yards of him. As time had passed, the distance had grown.

He could now tell where she was even if she was over a block away. Lately he had realised that he was slowly starting to do it with the others as well – it was less defined than with her, but still there. He also knew that his consciousness of the others would never grow much beyond what it was, not like with her. His awareness of her was still growing, and he suspected it would continue to do so for quite a while longer.

It had creeped him out at first – such an awareness of someone he barely knew didn't seem right to him – but gradually he adjusted, and now it seemed as natural to him as breathing, as natural as his ability to generate electricity.

Now it was a comfort.

He wondered on occasion about how it was he was able to do this. Oh, he knew that if he told Adam about it, the older man would quickly figure it out, but still he kept silent. Knowing where his family was at all times had become a personal secret.

He worried sometimes about what he would do if something ever happened to her and that awareness was severed. Instinctively he knew that it would be as if he'd gone blind, and that he would never be the same again. And so he fought to keep her safe, fought to keep the comfort of her presence.

In becoming his comfort, she had become his world.

"Hey, Shal," he said with a smile as he sensed her walk up behind him. "Glad you could make it."

The End