Into Love by Meana
Past Featured StorySummary: Angel and Willow both see something they wish they hadn't.
Categories: Fantasy > BtVS/ATS Characters: Angel, Harris, Xander, Rosenberg, Willow, Summers, Buffy
Genres: Romance
Pairings: BtVS/ATS - Angel(us)/Willow Rosenberg
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes Word count: 5435 Read: 228443 Published: 05 Jan 2006 Updated: 05 Jan 2006
Chapter 1 by Meana
Author's Notes:
1) I started this on August 11, 1997, (I know a long time ago) and I hoped to be finished it before the year 2000 *smile* but the fates were not smiling upon me. It has been finished for a little while now though.

2) As well, this is an Angel/Willow romance, so be warned.

3) This story is set before the second season; at least that's when I started to write it.

4) I don't have a clue about police procedure so I'm making it up as I go along.

5) Part Six is the part where things start to get a little bit racier.

6) I plan (note the word 'plan') to write a sequel.
Into Love


Author: Meana

Email: meana@borderline-angel.com

Disclaimer: I don't own 'em. Nuh uh, not me. 8^(

Notes:

1) I started this on August 11, 1997, (I know a long time ago) and I hoped to be finished it before the year 2000 *smile* but the fates were not smiling upon me. It has been finished for a little while now though.

2) As well, this is an Angel/Willow romance, so be warned.

3) This story is set before the second season; at least that's when I started to write it.

4) I don't have a clue about police procedure so I'm making it up as I go along.

5) Part Six is the part where things start to get a little bit racier.

6) I plan (note the word 'plan') to write a sequel.

Rating: PG, I guess.

Archive: On my sites at ...Mightier Than the Sword and Romantic Intentions. Also at TPWFLD. Anyone else please ask first.

Feedback: Ooh, yes please. Send me all you can and tell me what you thought.




Part One

The sound of an owl echoed across the pond's dark waters. The trees surrounding the pond seemed to sigh in answer. The wind that flowed through the leaves danced with the long hair of the girl who sat on the bench at the water's edge. That same wind danced along her lips trying to entice a smile from them. Success was not achieved.

The full moon was reflected in the pond's water. Like an imperfect mirror, the water shone with the pure white light, a beacon to the creatures of fantasy that walked through the world.

~*~*~*~*


Willow sat in silence, her eyes staring with helpless anger at the full moon. The anger that filled her soul was like a lance of fire. It burned red hot and yet it seemed to fill her heart with shards of pain as cold as ice. Her anger was directed inwards, towards her own cowardice.

He was in love! With someone else!

The tears she had held back since he had declared his love for another finally fell. It was her own fault, she realized. If she had had the courage to tell him how she felt, then maybe circumstances would be different. Maybe she would be the one dancing with him now.

Him. She couldn't even bring herself to think his name, let alone say it. It hurt too much.

Suddenly, her anger crashed down under the weight of her pain. Great sobs wracked her body as the pain flooded her heart; a heart no longer buffered by her anger. Willow wrapped her arms around herself in a futile attempt to protect her heart.

The feel of a strong pair of arms wrapping themselves around her momentarily startled her out of her misery. Willow looked up and found she was staring into the eyes of a vampire, the eyes of a friend. Angel. The pain on his face mirrored the pain she knew was visible on her own face.

"Oh, Angel," she murmured, her heart breaking for the lonely, seemingly young man. "You saw her, didn't you?"

Angel didn't have to ask whom Willow referred to. There was only one person who could cause him this much sorrow: Buffy. Angel closed his eyes in pain. The gentle touch of Willow's hand on his face startled him. Very few people had acted gentle with him for, well, over a hundred years, not since his mother. He looked into Willow's eyes and was shocked to see the concern and worry in them.

"I'm so sorry, Angel. I know how much you care for her and want her to be happy," Willow said softly. With a slight laugh she continued, "And you have to admit, she does seem to be happy." She whispered, almost to herself, "They make each other happy, Angel, and that's all that really matters when you watch the one you love fall in love with someone else."

Willow smiled sadly as she realized that her words also applied to her. Her concerns for the man beside her overrode her own feelings of loss. With this concern came clarity and understanding. Xander was in love with someone else and that person made him happy. "Guess I should agree with the validity of my own argument, huh?"

"Oh, I don't know," Angel answered softly, "Nobody ever said love was logical or that it would follow the commands of our heads. Maybe this pain is our hearts' way of telling us we should get up, go to the one we love, and fight for their love," Angel mused, but at the violent shaking of Willow's head he said, "Or maybe not."

Angel shifted on the bench until he and Willow were comfortable. His arm was around her shoulders and her head was leaning against one of his shoulders. Once they were comfortable, Angel started talking; "Maybe if we talk about them it won't hurt so much?" At Willow's hesitant nod he continued, "I remember the first time I saw Buffy..."

End Part One
This story archived at http://fiction.romantic-intentions.com/viewstory.php?sid=6