Out of the Blue by Meana
FeatureSummary: Written for Rounds of Kink (http://community.livejournal.com/rounds_of_kink/206586.html)

Prompt: The only thing that surprises him is that he is not surprised that it happened.
Categories: Science Fiction > Eureka Characters: Blake, Allison, Carter, Jack, Stark, Nathan
Genres: Drama, Romance
Pairings: Eureka - Jack Carter/Nathan Stark
Warnings: MPREG, Slash (m/m)
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 831 Read: 14610 Published: 21 Jul 2008 Updated: 21 Jul 2008
Story Notes:
I had a bit of a "Duh!" moment with this story. I've had it written since April 24, 2008, but it wasn't until tonight (May 16, 2008, when this story was due) that I realized that I hadn't typed the darn thing up (I generally hand write my stories first). So I admit I was in a bit of a panic because of that. Ah well, here it is, hopefully on time.

1. Chapter 1 by Meana

Chapter 1 by Meana
Title: Out of the Blue
Author: Meana
Email Address: meana_fic@yahoo.ca
Fandom: Eureka
Pairing/character: Nathan/Jack
Disclaimer: I am, unfortunately, in no way affiliated with the producers, et al., of the show. Therefore, the characters in no way belong to me, and this story has been written purely for fun and no money shall be made by the author of said story.
Rating: FRT - G
Summary: Written for Rounds of Kink (http://community.livejournal.com/rounds_of_kink/206586.html)
Prompt: The only thing that surprises him is that he is not surprised that it happened.
Kink: Mpreg
Warnings: includes slash, Mpreg
Notes: I had a bit of a "Duh!" moment with this story. I've had it written since April 24, 2008, but it wasn't until tonight (May 16, 2008, when this story was due) that I realized that I hadn't typed the darn thing up (I generally hand write my stories first). So I admit I was in a bit of a panic because of that. Ah well, here it is, hopefully on time.
Word Count: 660




It was quite the party; Jack had to agree when Allison sat down beside him and made the comment. And it was. All of Eureka had turned out and there was a multitude of gifts and food and fun. It was just the reason for the party that still gave him the odd moment of pause.

It's not like he wasn't expecting that something like it would eventually happen. He'd actually been surprised by his lack of surprise, and had come to the conclusion that there wasn't anything in Eureka that could truly surprise him anymore. It was the people involved that had caused him to blink for a moment, and still occasionally caused him to blink when he really thought about it.

He looked over to the reason for the party and couldn't stop the smile that appeared on his face. If anyone had told him when he first came to Eureka that he and Stark would eventually be friends, he'd have asked them what drugs they were on and then booked them. To even mention that they'd move beyond friendship would have resulted in Carter hauling that person off to the nearest loony bin and requesting a complete psychological evaluation for said person.

But now, nearly four years after coming to Eureka, he couldn't imagine his life without the sarcastic scientist in it, and he didn't want to ever experience it. Falling in love with Nathan had seemed almost natural when he realized that was how he felt about the other man. Their subsequent marriage had been almost anti-climactic in comparison to admitting how they felt about one another.

Nathan had been the one to start talking about children about six months into their marriage. He'd told stories about Kevin from when he and Allison had been married. He'd eagerly listened to Jack's own tales about Zoe. They'd talked at length about children and decided that they wanted to raise one or two together. They wanted Zoe, and even Kevin who Nathan still treated as a son with Allison's blessing, to have siblings.

Once the decision was made, Jack had found himself eagerly doing the research on adoption. He'd researched procedures, laws, timeframes, and more. He had found himself, at times, equally excited and depressed by the information he'd found.

Nathan, however, had taken a completely different and altogether scientific approach to the issue. It was not a solution that he would have thought of, but he honestly believed that Nathan's mind never stopped working. This was just one more instance proving that belief.

The thought of a child from both him and Nathan had been intriguing, but Jack had worried about the safety of the individual chosen to be the "mother". Nathan, however, had once again proven just how stubborn and persuasive he was. Within days he had convinced Jack to reluctantly agree to them undergoing the process to allow them to have a child together.

To his consternation, Nathan chose, right off the bat, to be the one to bear their child. Nearly six months of testing and procedures later, they, meaning Nathan, were pregnant. They kept quiet for as long as possible, just in case of tragedy. When they could no longer keep it quiet and let the town know, they were gratified by the support they were offered. Now, less than a month away from the due date, the whole town had gotten together to throw them a baby shower. And it had turned out to be quite a party.

Jack smiled as Nathan sat down beside him and leaned heavily against his side.

"Can we go home yet?" the heavily pregnant man grumped, obviously tired.

"Whenever you want," Jack answered wrapping an arm around him. "Whenever you want."

Jack could, quite easily, say that his life turned out nothing like he thought it would, but, you know what... he wouldn't change it for the world. And there really was no surprise about that.

The End

This story archived at http://fiction.romantic-intentions.com/viewstory.php?sid=44